I’ve never really cared for cauliflower. To me it was just albino broccoli. Recently I saw a recipe that made me want to reevaluate my feelings toward cauliflower. This recipe was so good I had to pass it along.
It’s full of Vitamin C and Potassium just like Spinach and Kale.
Has a high dosage of fiber which keeps you regular.
Has a high dosage of Folic Acid which is necessary for cell development.
Okay, so the recipe is called Buffalo Cauliflower. But I also noticed that if you don’t add the buffalo sauce you still end up with a tasty treat. So here is a two for one recipe.
Buffalo Cauliflower Or Breaded Cauliflower
1 cup of water 1 cup of flour
2 tsp. of garlic powder
2 tsp. of onion power 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into pieces 1 cup buffalo or hot sauce 1 Tbsp. olive oil or melted vegan margarine
1 ½ cups of Italian bread crumbs
*Optional 2 tbsp. of Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Combine the water or soy milk, flour, and garlic powder in a bowl and stir until well combined.
- Coat the cauliflower pieces with the flour mixture and them coat with bread crumbs
- Place in a shallow baking dish. Bake for 18 minutes. (The cauliflower can also be fried instead of baked for a crispier texture.)
If you don’t like buffalo sauce no need to go any further….If you like to walk on the wild side proceed to step 5.
- While the cauliflower is baking, combine your buffalo sauce and olive oil or margarine in a small bowl. *You can add some sugar to this mixture
- Pour the hot sauce mixture over the baked cauliflower and continue baking for an additional 5 to 8 minutes.
If your need a visual demonstration check this video out. The only major difference between my recipe and this one is the Italian bread crumbs.