Current creation I’m loving: Honey Granola Fruit Smoothie
- Strawberries– loaded with heart protecting, anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory phenols.
- Oranges – Vitamin C, healing properties associated with a wide variety of phytonutrient compounds. Also offers significant protection against mouth, throat and stomach cancers
- Granola/Oats– may help lower your cholesterol and prevent certain chronic diseases, such as heart disease and cancer. Whole grain oats and nuts, two main ingredients in most granola, contain dietary fiber.
- Greek Yogurt – can have twice as much protein as regular yogurt. The extra protein will help you feel full and leave you feeling satisfied. Also contains probiotics, live microorganisms. These bacteria microbes may help improve digestive function and the immune system
- Honey – A natural sweetener, not to mention, recent research shows that honey treatment may help disorders such as ulcers and bacterial gastroenteritis.
Combine all ingredients and BLEND!
Blending/Juicing Fact:When we eat solid foods, it takes awhile for our digestive systems to break down that food we’ve consumed. This gives it extra time to consume fats and oils out of our foods that we don’t necessarily need and then convert it to fat. With a liquified version of fruits and vegetables entering our systems, the body can immediately convert the food into nutritive value while there is less time to convert other items into fat cells for energy later.